Saturday, November 7, 2009

Big Changes at my Etsy Store

I decided to completely do away with shipping to all orders placed that are shipped within the United States. We have had a rough year and I have not been able to focus on my business they way that I have wanted to. I only did a few craft shows last year after my son was born with a heart defect and have not done any vending this year at all. Unfortunately for my sanity, I have not been able to get into the studio much this year either.

We had a baby girl in July. After 4 little boys a baby girl was a huge shock. We are very happy and this time we are really done having kids lol. After 4 babies, I was shocked to realize that I am suffering from postpartum depression. I sometimes wonder if I would be dealing with this if I had more time to get into my studio and be creative. I got to the point where I really didn't see any point working in my studio if I was not going to be doing any craft shows and then let me Etsy store kind of run itself, which is not any way to make sales.

So to jump start my renewed online business I have done away this all shipping charges to anywhere in the US...I know I already said that, just felt like saying it again ;)

I have also marked down many of my items by 50%.

Free shipping and 50% off most of the items in my store, sounds like a pretty good way to jump start my business and reinvent myself.

I will be getting on my main business website an making some changes there soon. That is just such a huge store, I am not really sure where to begin reinventing that. But I am making a commitment to myself to help get though my postpartum depression and to move some of this jewelry that I made before I realized that I need to take a break from my business and focus on my little Heart Baby.

It almost feels like this should be a New Years resolution.

Lets see what other changes I can come up with. I am starting to get excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin